What is CMA Foundation?
- The course offered by the ICWAI Foundation is known as CMA, which helps one become a certified management accountant and develop expertise in both financial accounting and strategic management.
- In addition to teaching the core strategy, management and accounting, it also focuses on regulatory.
- The certification signifies that the person possesses knowledge in the areas of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics.
Syllabus for CMA Foundation
- Fundamentals of Economics
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- Fundamentals of Cost and Management Accounting
- Fundamentals of Commercial and Industrial Law
- Fundamentals of Ethics
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- Fundamentals of Business Statistics
Exam Pattern for CMA Foundation
- CMA Foundation will be a pen and paper based test consisting of questions that need to be answered descriptively for each of the four papers.
- Each paper is of 100 marks and for the duration of 3 hours each.
- Conceptual clarity across topics is a must in each subject.
- Questions will be asked on the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Economics and Managements
- Fundamentals of Accounting
- Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics
- Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics
How to apply
Eligibility Criteria for CMA Foundation
- You should have passed Class 10 or equivalent from a recognized board or institution
- Or, you should have passed Senior Secondary School Examination under the 10+2 format from a recognized board or an examination recognized by the Central Government of the country.
- Or, you should have passed the National Diploma in Commerce Examination organized by the All India Council for Technical Examination or by any state board of Technical Education, under the authority of the said All India Council.
- Or, you should have achieved the Diploma in Rural Service Examination conducted by the National Council of Higher Education.
- If you have cleared the Foundation examination conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India, you will be exempted from the Foundation course and vice versa.
- Or if you have passed the intermediate examination conducted by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, you will be exempted from the Foundation Course.
- If you have passed the intermediate examination, you will be exempted from the Common Proficiency Test conducted by ICAI.
- If you have cleared the qualifying examination for direct admission to intermediate course, you are exempted from the Foundation Course.
Registration for CMA Foundation
Steps to apply for CMA foundation
- Visit www.icmai.in
- Click on the ‘Students Portal’ link.
- Choose the ‘Online Examination Form’ link on the page.
- Click on the ‘Students’ tab.
- Choose the ‘Activities’ menu and select ‘Online Application Form’.
- Choose the Foundation course from the drop down list that is shown.
- Read the instructions carefully and carry out the application formalities.
Check your application status, or login to ICWAI/ICMAI Student Account for other details such as syllabus. Application details, etc.
The following parameters are essential for login:
- Application number
- Registration number
- Email id
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
Here is what you need to know:
- If you have enrolled yourself in the Foundation Course 4 months prior to the June examination, the you are eligible to give the Foundation Examination.
- Application form for the same can be procured from the official website.
- The form is to be filled online and the fee payment too is strictly to be made online.
- If you are applying for centres overseas, you need to apply offline and pay via DD along with the form.